Just Me

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is a good cheap older tractor I should look for to run a small
tiller of about 40 inches and maybe a 6 foot or so buch hog? Somehting
easy to work on too.

Some advice from my limited experience. Don't use the definition of "Cheap"
as a priority in your buying decision. My brother and I went in together and
bought a "cheap" $2000 tractor. I hate the thing. but he didn't want to
spend any more money. I've spent so much time fixing & repairing it to keep
it going, and parts are very hard to get. But even when it works, it doesn't
work the way I want it. We should have spend another $2-$3K and got
something better. One example is 2WD vs 4WD, my little tractor is useless
when I have a heavy load on the FEL (front end loader) and it isn't on hard
solid level dry ground. Simply no traction. It has wheel weights, the tires
are filled with water and there is even a big cement block on the read end,
but still have very hard time in uneven or wet or loose ground.

Basically, define what you need it to do and then go out and buy the right
equipment. You'll be wya better off in the long run.

Lane