Christian McArdle

All has been pretty good until recently when I have started renovating a
room directly above a bedroom of the guy who lives below me. He tends to

get
up early 6-7am whereas I typically don't. As such we've clashed recently
with him complaining about me banging around at about 10pm.

I wouldn't dream of making noise at 22:00. I don't even live in a flat, but
a Victorian terrace with solid brick party walls. I would be wary of doing
it in a detached house, unless it was particularly remote from nearby
houses.

I keep anything noisy between about 9:30 and 19:00 on weekdays. On the
weekend, particularly Sunday, I'd start later, and maybe consider going on
to 20:00 on Saturday.

It is clear that this person goes to sleep before ten, so I would consider
utterly unreasonable to do any work in that room from the time that the
person says he retires to his room.

Christian.