I have a background in electronics but not in audio amplifier.
I have a Sony Audio amplifier, a 25 years old model. I turn on the
power and it takes 20 to 40 minutes to hear the music. Just before I
hear the music, There is a ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ then a CLICK. Each selection
(Tuner, Aux or Tape) works or does not. Once the amp works, it works
until I turn it off.
On what stage, from the power supply to the audio output, I should look
at?
What type of component I should look for ( capacitor, relay,
transistor)?

Electrolytic capacitors, probably. I'd guess in the power supply, the
audio output and the protection circuit.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.