Neil Jones

Default Recommendation for a thermostatic shower?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
I will be installing a new shower shortly and was wondering if any of
you had particular recommendations? Any pros and cons to look out for?

The water system provides hot and cold water at mains pressure
(modulating combi). Static water pressure is OK ( 3bar), flow rate up
to about 15l/min is available from the hot supply - although I would
like to use less than that so as to have something left for the rest of
the house.

--
Cheers,

John.

I've been using a Hansgrohe Ecostat 2001 for about the last 6 weeks or so
and it's excellent. I've also got a Hansgrohe thermostatic mixer/diverter on
the bath which is great too.

I've tried turning on various taps (hot and/or cold) while the shower is
running and the response is very good - unless you knew someone was going to
turn the tap on I doubt you'd even notice really.

I suspect it depends on the exact details of the implementation, though.

Neil