OldBill

John Rumm wrote:
Hugh wrote:

Do electrical regulations allow for the use of twin and earth cable
between an isolating switch and fuseboard?

Yup. Quite often done if a submain needs to run for a distance. You
could use SWA as well.

From isolator switch to consumer unit - twin core and earth (like
cooker cable - 16mm??)

16mm would be right for a 60A main fuse.

If OK, what size cable is appropriate for this normal domestic
installation as I want to move the fuseboard (and change to a split
load with RCD type) to avoid crossing cellar which is occasionally
under water!!

This is after the main fuse I take it? If so what rating is the supply?
(typically 60A or 100A?). Not sure you will find a T&E large enough for
a 100A submain.

You can of course buy proper meter tails by the meter

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...New/index.html