Phil Laird

Cheers boysies

Good to see that a few of me olde mates is still around.... . .

Speaking of old . . .. I turned the big 50 last week . . .. . . and
managed to sprain my ankle the day before , which allowed me the thrill of
spending me birthday flat on my back . . . . . .

And - No , it was not because of me having a wobbly boot on . .. or the
residual effect of a wobbly boot . .. the culprit was a honkey net that I
rolled my foot on whilst walking back from the top shed to the humpy me and
the old boiler live in .. ..

Getting better now - I can walk mostly unaided now - but will continue to
use a stick when I go into town for effect . . specially since one of the
local ladies has taken a shine to me and is baking lots of nice cookies and
stuff for me . . .. . ...

Dont get much of a chance to play on the group any more - and have just
upped my waiting list to 11 to 12 months. . . . now thats freaky . . . . .

ta for the nod on the saw....

Phully

"Phil Laird" wrote in message
Hullo boys and girls

Been a long while since I had a look in here . . .. ...

But I have a question that someone might be able to shed a bit of light on
for me . . . .

I am looking at replacing my trusty old and bedraggled compound mitre

saw -
a Hitachi something or other - and I am leaning towards a DeWalt DW708

with
a 12" whizzy thing on it .. . .. . and then I am leaning towards a Makita
305mm slide compound saw (LS1214).
And then I am leaning towards not bothering at all - but would like a
slightly bigger cutting depth than my old one . .. . .

Both are around the same price - so this is not an issue.
Just wondered if any of you blokes has had any experience with either of
these machines . .. . ... good, bad, indifferent . !

Or perhaps someone has yet another toy that they might favour.

Ta

Phully

The Nannup Furniture Gallery
Support Local small business ~ Save a Species Today ~ ME!
www.swanriverfurniture.com.au