Barry N. Turner

Well then, STOP! You can't justify spending such a godawful price for a
lathe, unless your name is Richard Raffan or John Jordan or David Ellsworth.
Just go buy your dream lathe and you won't have to worry about it any more.
:-)

Barry

PS How about a Oneway 1224? $1850 the last time I looked. Can't beat
the quality.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I would love a Oneway 1640 or 2036 but just can't justify the price. I
have started looking at the Nova DVR 3000 and the price sure is right
but at only 181 lbs it sure seems light to handle its full swing
compared to other lathes. And does the the swiveling headstock impart
play and inaccuracy when aligning centers. These are my beefs - what do
you think.