DanG

A mechanical engineer may design weapons systems. Civil engineers
design:

Targets.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
jim rozen wrote:
In article , Don
Foreman says...

I'm an engineer, I know how to solve problems, right?

Honestly that single pair of sentences has preceeded more
humbling experiences for me in the past than I care to
discuss. They're sorta the moral equivalent of "Hey Bubba,
Watch
This!!" for the more cerebral crowd. :^)

Jim

I have a joke that I tell technicians and fellow engineers. You
stand there with your volt meter en garde and say "trust me --
I'm an engineer. I know things". Managers and interns will be
confused, but real engineers will smile and the technicians will
laugh.

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com