SteveB

wrote in message
oups.com...
jk wrote:
wrote:

I was about to post the same thing. I'll bet Dave can't figure out why
using both lanes until the merge point is best practice either.

It is not, as any observant fool can see at rush hour in the bay area
or la basin. The idiots that MUST rush to the very end of the lane,
and then suddenly try to merge regardless of space

If everyone stayed in their lane until the merge, there would be no way
for them to rush, would there? They'd have to move along with the
normal flow of traffic.

Well, at a merge, one lane usually dies. And those who can see drive ahead
and think, "Gee, this lane ends up here. I better get over."

Not so with idiots.

They see the open lane, at least for a ways, and think, "Gee, here is a
place to get a few car lengths ahead of the commoners. I'll just drive like
90 to get there and then swerve in to the moving lane. ALL COMMONERS MAKE
WAY FOR THE KING!"

Steve