RoyJ

What Grant said.

When I did sales engineering for a high volume tubing fabricator, I took
a series of calls from inventors with similar requests. I'd wish them
well and send them on their way. If you didn't need a thousand units,
have an accurate print, and have a suitable checkbook, I just couldn't
deal with them.

One thing that I noticed immediately was the "100psi container". This
tends to be non trivial if the container has any reasonable size to it.

The OP might have better luck if he was a bit more specific plus gave a
location. One of the guys on this NG might just take it on for the fun
of it.

Grant Erwin wrote:

wrote:

I have something that I would like fabricated. It's a food-grade
stainless steel container that will need to withstand about 100psi, for
what that's worth, plus various valves and whatnot. What's the best
way to go about finding someone who will take my somewhat nebulous idea
and help me fabricate such a thing?

Are you perhaps an inventor? Why don't you know more precisely what you
want to make? Fabrication is one thing, but you are asking for design
mentoring, design services, handholding, and also fabrication. Most
fabricators I know would pass on such a request simply because of the
way you are phrasing it. You need a fabricator if you can fully specify
the part you want, including a blueprint. Else you need - something else.

GWE