J. R. Carroll

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On 11 Jul 2005 15:09:36 -0700, jim rozen wrote:
In article , Dave Hinz says...

It just frosts my cake when I see folks here complain bitterly
about how their school taxes are used to teach the demon
evolution,

Don't ascribe arguments to me that I haven't made. It's a cheap tactic.

The comment was *not* attributed to you. I think that was
pretty clear when I said "folks" and not "you." To be
perfectly clear, I am aware that you personally would not
and have to teh beset of my knowledge, made such a comment
here.

Uh huh, but you just happened to bring it up while replying to my
points. Got it.

but they'll write a blank check for a few billion
a year for a war that seems to do nothing more than encourage
terrorism on a gobal level.

So, you contend that it has escalated then, do you?

John's number was what, $5B per month of your tax money, yes?
Escalation or not, that's still a hunk-O-change. What would
*you* like to see money like that spend on?

Well, you act like that money evaporates. Doesn't it, you know, get
spent to make things, employ people who spend, that sort of thing?
It's like people bitching about space program spending. Where better to
spend money than in the high-tech sector, where you get interesting
research, products, and so on?

Dave,
The great "Coalition of the Willing" is being almost entirely bank rolled by
the US. Fuel, food and water are supplied by non US sources for the most
part.
When we offered Turkey 16 billion to base and launch forces from their soil
the refused. The bidding went as high as 27 billion but the answer didn't
change. As a matter of fact, the Turks nearly refused us the use of
Incirlick. Those that did take our money made the team and nothing of what
we pay will ever see it's way home again.
The reconstruction budget for Iraq stands at about 32 billion to date. The
first 75,000 is tax exempt for US contractors and what isn't taxed and is
paid as wages is gone.
Our own leaders are telling us that even when we finish in Iraq we will be
shifting additional resources elsewhere.
Space program? I don't think so. Unless you think the next wiz bang/high
tech miracle thingy is going to come out of the middle east.
Perhaps new oil field recovery techniques will be developed.
Iraqi oil production is barely worth having at this point. I spoke with a
contractor seven months ago whose team was evaluating the northern Iraqi oil
fields around Kirkuk. Apparently Saddam is getting the last laugh. He had
set up injection wells in the fields pumping their largest reserves. Instead
of pressurizing those fields with live steam and water they were using oil.
This is the quickest way to destroy recoverable reserves known to man and
they have been doing it since about 2000. The yield has gone from over 50
percent to less than 30 and when it reaches 24 percent, these reserves will
no linger be economically viable.

So much for this mess paying for itself and you would think our oil man
President and his associates would have had a clue.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.