ameijers

wrote in message
ups.com...
I know it's bad form to reply to your own posts, but a thought occurred
to me a few minutes ago, of course only after I posted this...

In the part of the basement where the problem is the worst, above that
area there is a brick and cement porch. Could it be then that the
porch was imporperly constructed? How would I go about figuring that
out?

Sure could- DAMHIKT. Either ponding on the porch, draining down along
outside of basement wall till it gets to the unsealed footer, or poor
drainage around and under the porch, again directing the water to the
footers.

You do have my sympathy- currently dealing with a wet basement myself,
coming up through a floor drain.

aem sends...