sofie

Rono:
I am not Kip but in my shop, when repairing these troublesome SMPS units I
always replace all the VDRs (green and black)... and the small chicklet
caps... and obviously along with both switching transistors and the 1 ohm
resistor. Further diagnosis may reveal more components than I mentioned.
I always bring this supply up slowly with a variac while watching the
switching waveforms for problems per the Sony training materials...... If
you do not have the Sony factory service literature for this you would be
wise to obtain it before you unnecessarily smoke expensive parts.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Rono" wrote in message
news
With the Sony KV series T.V.'s, do you always
replace the green, & also the black VDR's, even
if they check ok, or just the black ones? Rono.