Dave Hinz wrote:
On 12 Jul 2005 12:41:08 -0700, wrote:
Todd Rich wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Everyone _could_ be an asshole and merge right at the point where "left
lane ends" too, but most people have the decency not to.

I've been on more than one road where the sign said "Stay in lane until
merge point". (Eastern PA most often) Those are the rules Ebay has. You
don't like them (obviously), but that doesn't make them immoral or wrong.

I was about to post the same thing. I'll bet Dave can't figure out why
using both lanes until the merge point is best practice either. It goes
against his "ethics", so it must be bad.

Why am I not surprised. It's not "best practice", it's "screw you, I'm
gonna get in front of you no matter what". Somehow, I'm not real
optimistic that you'll "get it" on this either. I see a distinct
pattern.

I'm sure you'll reply, but I'm done. There's nothing positive that
could come from dragging this out further.

Right, the State Highway Dept. is advocating a "screw you" mentality
when they post those signs. They have no logical reason (at least in
Dave's little world). They're just in cahoots with the auto body shops
and hospitals. Yeah, that's the ticket.

No point in explaining the real reason to someone with a padlock on his
brain.