bryanska

Default Step-by-step how to correct grading near foundation?

Hello,

I have seen many posts foundation grading. Has anyone done this,
and how were the results?

Let's collect some good instructions here. I understand grading is but
one aspect of the battle against water, and other things contribute
their own solutions (gutters, etc).

My situation (but feel free to generalize) is a small rectangular house
that hasn't had gutters - ever! After installing those I plan to
correct a slight negative grade on three side of the house. I have
neighbors to either side, and understand about 6" per 10 feet is a good
slope. I am hesitant to rent a back hoe and prefer to do it by hand.

After ordering some black dirt, how does one do the job?