BigWallop

Default Replacing cast iron soil pipe

"Steve Loft" wrote in message
I want to replace the cast iron soil pipe in my bungalow, with PVC. The
junction for the toilet is a couple inches above ground level, and I'd
thought that I could remove the junction, clean up the socket, and seal
the PVC pipe and new junction (I want to raise it slightly) into that.

But I've realised that my soil pipe is 3 1/2" so presumably this
technique isn't going to work? Can I get an adapter - preferably via
internet or mail order somewhere?

Steve Loft

What else is connected to the stack. Soil pipes are normally 110 mm (4'') so
the remaining stack above the WC branch may only be venting pipe to above the
roof. That is unless you have other appliances like baths and basins connected
above the WC branch.

If there is nothing else on the stack then all you need is smaller diameter uPVC
pipe. They come in the same sizes as cast pipe so you should be able to pick it
up at B&Q.