Charlie S.

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Q1: They make a specialty spade bit with a small hole in the spade.
Drill the hole, run the wires through the bit, pull the bit back out.
You can also do this with a regular bit and a small amount of
electrical tape.

Just checked out the base of the long bit I used. It's tapered. I could
have taped the wire to the end and pulled it through.

Also, checked out the spade you talked about on the Intenet. I've seen them
before. Never knew why that hole was there.

Q2: I hate plaster. If it were me, I'd find some way to route the wire
in the stud space, or mount a wireless phone instead.

At first reading your suggestion, I thought it was a bit whacked as I
thought you were suggesting running the wire over the plastered ceiling.
Then, I thought, maybe you have something there. So, I took a look down
cellar again and realized I could have routed the wire, avoiding the plaster
all together, if I went through the stud space to the left. I would have had
to use an extra 7 or 8 feet of wire, but could have avoided this plaster
altogether.

Q3: Use these instead: http://www.tselectronic.com/3m/ug_ur_uy.html

These are ideal If it weren't for the price. $13+ I'd buy them in a
heartbeat.

If it didn't look so tacky, I'd use duct tape.

Q4: See Q3. Or use:
http://comcables.com/ProductDetail.a...259&CatID=2542

Q5: You already answered your question. It's just a matter of how much
you want to fight the tool you are using for any particular job.