Edwin Pawlowski

"wkearney99" wrote in message
. If it is just to have a deck, it is silly,

IMO.

Some folks prefer a wood deck surface over concrete, tile, stone or other
masonry-type product. Why give them grief about it? That and, in many
cases, it's a helluva lot easier to install a deck than the effort to
install a concrete pad. Especially in areas with freezing temps.

Grief? It is my opinion. (note the IMO above) Take it or leave it, agree
or not, I really don't care. Sometimes people don't think of alternatives
so I mention them. Decks have become "stylish" and are often installed in
stupid places. The OP asked for an opinion, so I gave one. I don't have to
look at it, install it, or maintain it, so I don't care what he does in the
end.

As for the freezing areas, an improperly installed deck can get pretty out
of whack from frost heaves.