Jim Yanik

"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .
"Doug Kanter" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message
.. .

Except that they are not getting OUR "oil money",which is
going to Canada,Venezuela,and Mexico.

Cut it out already, will ya?

Supplied Domestically 38.2 %
Canada 9.2 %
Saudi Arabia 8.0 %
Venezuela 7.8 %
Mexico 7.0 %
Nigeria 4.5 %
Iraq* 3.7 %
United Kingdom 2.9 %
Norway 2.4 %
Colombia 2.7 %
Angola 2.0 %
All Other Countries 11.6 %

Well,then by your numbers,the ME is only getting ~12% of US
money spent on petroleum.

Then (sorry to take a sudden left turn), but we have no business
being in Iraq.

National security interests.They invaded Kuwait once,threatened
the worlds'
oil supplies,were pursuing WMD,had already -USED- WMD on their
own people,and were moving to aid terrorism that attacked us.

As you can see,if the world's oil supplies are threatened,it
affects us,too.

Hey! You said we weren't there because of the oil. :-)

And, we didn't give a **** what he did to his own people. That was
a red herring, and a convenient one for your president.

Yes,US people care about other countries and their woes.
Why else would we donate so much relief supplies,give aid and
assistance? Bosnia had no oil,yet we acted there.

We respond to these situations in an unequal fashion, depending on
what we have to gain.

Makes sense to me.
Look at what we freely did for the tsunami countries,most of which
are MOSLEM,and their peoples supposedly hate us.There wasn't much to
"gain" there.

This is why we did not commit thousands of
troops to whichever African countries were in the midst of worse
atrocities than anything Saddam did. Either we react consistently,
or your president needs to keep his mouth shut about things like
that.

Maybe Bush wanted the *UN* to step up and act for those
Africans,because some people accuse him of wanting to always act
unilaterally. WHY hasn't the UN done anything? They won't,but the US
should?

On one hand,some folks want the US to not be the World's
policeman(and charity),and then they DO want the US to be so.

THAT is "inconsistent".

So, you wonder why so many wanted to spit in Bush's face when he first
said "We're going to Iraq to help the people"??? I know two guys who
consider themselves EXTREMELY conservative. If they could give Rush
Limbaugh a blowjob every day, they'd do it. But, they both laughed
when Bush began compiling his list of reasons. They both said
"Bull**** - of course it's the oil!"

Who cares if you know "two guys"?

And there's was more than one reason Bush cited for intervening in Iraq.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik