brugnospamsia

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
"brugnospamsia" writes:
Update.

It seems fairly clear now that the door has dropped.

Is there any mileage in using shims in the hinges ?

I suspect the door has suffered a tapezoid deformation.
This is often due to not having put the spacers in the
right places around the sealed units and plastic panels,
which will prevent this if correctly packed into the
frame.

I can't see how this is related to your original post
though.

sorry, in my panic I realised I got the question backwards.

I realise now that what I meant was that in order to lock the door I'm
having to push the lever upwards until I was applying force (presumably
lifting the door) whereas before it simply clicked into the "engaged"
position.

For some time the "roller" catches at the bottom of the door had been
catching on the channels, thus requiring me to nudge the bottom of the door
to open it.

So the implication is I should be able to tweak the packing to square it up
?

thanks ...