Buddy Smith wrote:
: Hi,

: My xbox was damaged due to lightning. It appears that one capacitor was
: quite thoroughly fried.

There is probably more damage than just the cap, if your xbox was zapped
by lightning. It will probably be more economical to buy a new one.

: There is a picture he http://nullset.myphotos.cc/xbox/jpg
: (Look for C7G6 in the bottom right corner, next to the nice burn
: mark....)

: I want to solder another capacitor on the board in it's place, but I'm
: not sure what the value of the old one was, or how critical that value
: might be.

: I believe that this part of the board has something to do with power
: regulation, because of the large capacitor that is in the area.

: Any suggestions?

: --buddy