Ellie

Jumpster and James, thanks a lot.

Jumpster, you have all those fans running at it hasn't done your machine
any HARM, so that's a good indicator I should get my dead ones running.

James, this morning as a result of yesterday's answers from people in
this group I took another look round the interior of my chassis and
discovered I in fact have FIVE fans in there! This is quite surprising
for me because over the years, having moved from one reasonable desktop
PC to another, I have always noted just one little fan attached to the
CPU.

This morning I have found that what I reported yesterday is incorrect.
Yes, three fans are incorporated in the chassis itself (supposedly
coming with it from the manufacturers of the chassis) and, yes, there is
a fourth added fan attached to the ARCTIC COOLER device. But I was
wrong to say that that little fan alone was keeping the ARCTIC COOLER
cool. This morning I discovered a much bigger fan sitting within a
"large" horizontal compartment directly above the ARCTIC COOLER. What
is actually happening is that the small fan is drawing air towards the
ARCTIC COOLER (through the hole in the chasis where there is a dead fan)
and the big horizontal fan above is then drawing air away from the
ARCTIC COOLER and out the back of the chassis through a grille.

So, now that I find that TWO fans are at work in there, I am thinking
that maybe the company that built this audio computer for me know what
they are doing, and that maybe the work of these two fans is sufficient.

On the other hand, looking at the manual this morning, I see there are
only two sockets to supply the fans. One of them, designed for the rear
fan, is being used to power the two added fans working on the ARCTIC
COOLER. The other socket, adjacent to the two fans at the lower front
of the chassis, is empty. I see there seems to be a bundle of spare
connectors clipped away inside the chassis, so maybe it would be fine
and safe to connect those two little fans to the empty socket.

What do you think?

When I put my tower in the other room during recording, it will be five
metres away. Do I need to hunt for THREE separate five-metre extension
cables for keyboard, video, and mouse? Or is there by any chance some
kind of cable which combines all three so you only have one cable
trailing from one room to the other? I have tried looking for
something suitable online but the choice of fittings is bewildering and
the descriptions aren't particularly helpful.

Any advice?

Many thanks,

Ellie.