jim rozen

In article , DoN. Nichols says...

1) I don't wind up with someone who isn't *sure* what it is worth to
them bumping my bid up a few dollars at a time until they find
my maximum or they finally decide that they don't want to spend
*that* much for it after all -- after pushing my bid to more
than I otherwise would have needed to pay.

2) I don't have the time to increment my own bid, if someone outbids
me, so I can't be *goaded* into bidding more than I had already
set as a maximum.

[3] Oh yes -- also it leaves me free to bid on another auction for
the same item. ...

And (4), it absolutely prevents shilling. Shilling only really works
when the seller bumps the bids during the auction. This sort of
nonsense does not work in the 'sealed bid' example of sniping.

Jim

please reply to: