Rod Speed

Doug Kanter wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Doug Kanter wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Doug Kanter wrote
Tom Quackenbush wrote
Doug Kanter wrote
Rod Speed wrote

The only thing that will do anything much about the consumers
choose fuel efficient cars is to let the price of fuel increase
until the
cost of the fuel has a real impact on consumer's car buying
decisions.

That's the real problem, isn't it? People say "I don't mind the
low gas mileage on this thing I drive. I can afford the gas." In
fact, they should be saying "Indirectly, my son died in Iraq to
protect the oil supply which we wouldn't need (someday) if our
dicks weren't so wrapped up in the kinds of cars we drive".

Are you really equating people's choice of poor mileage vehicles
with the deaths of our soldiers?

How do you feel about those of us that choose to live in northen
climes and heat with fossil fuels?

Elsewhere in this thread, you justify your choice of vehicles by
citing your "need" to tow a boat. Must be an awfully nice boat.
How many soldiers lives do you think towing your boat is worth?
Is there the slightest chance at all that other people's needs
_might_ be as important to them as your needs are to you?

You're absolutely right. But, what's been stated in this
discussion, both explicitly and implicitly, is that peoples' needs
are not being addressed by the vehicles being offered.

Bull****.

Yes, its not possible to buy a car that has the high seating that
comes with a SUV and the fuel economy seen with the best
diesel FWD cars, but thats just basic physics that no amount
of desperate wanking on your part will have any effect on.

And you engineering background is exactly......what? Changed a light
bulb?

Even you should be able to bull**** your way out of your
predicament better than that pathetic effort, Kanter.

Obviously not.

And it leaves yours for dead anyway thanks.

You're so sure of your comments about what's not possible. What is your
background? Oil change jockey?