I would just go to a good local guy and see what they offer
you. Home Depot and Lowes both farm out their work to
subcontractors. Why the hell would I want my work farmed out
to the guy who bids the lowest for the job while they make
a profit off of basically doing nothing???

If you dont have any recommendations from other locals who do
siding work, go to a supply place and ask them if they were
going to do work on their own home, who would they use?

Doing a little research into the type and differences is siding
can make a real difference too. Just start doing searches on
the Internet and should find a fortune in information.