Olaf

"2pyrs" wrote in message

New Kenmore Miser 6 electric
One Black wire, One blue wire, One yellow wire. On tank
Power in one black, one white and ground.
Black to black - Yellow and blue from tank goes to white from power
line ?
Does ground and white go with the blue and yellow ?
Can't find any place to put ground wire to.

2pyrs

--
2pyrs

What country are you in?

With those odd wire colors it's not obvious where they go, AFAIK. It is
likely you have 10-2 with ground as a supply cable, correct?

This isn't answering your question, but if you have 10-2 with ground
supplying your water heater then the black and white will be the hots, and
the ground will be bare. This is normal for a water heater.

The blue and yellow wires on the heater are throwing me off. With those odd
colors you're either going to have to find the wire diagram, guess, or do a
continuity test between the metal casing and the yellow and blue wires
(separately). I can't imagine why a water heater sold in the USA (assuming
again) would come with UK wire colors..... Hopefully the voltage will be
correct for the heater.

The one that shows continuity to the metal case will be the ground, and the
other would have to be the other hot.

Try guessing and get it wrong, and you'll know as soon as you turn the
breaker on.