CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

L. M. Rappaport wrote:
Pop,

There's no nice way to say this. w_tom is an engineer who thoroughly
understands earthing. He understands it from not only a theoretical
standpoint, but from a practical one as well. You would do well to
listen and learn from him. I did, and I'm an electrical engineer with
30 years of experience in communications, which has involved a lot
time dealing with remote sites.

When he says "install joules" he means install devices capable of
absorbing the energy produced by a lightning strike. When he tells
you that most "whole house surge protectors" are woefully inadequate,
he is right. Don't listen to me - I'm just an ee who has dealt with
this stuff for 30 years - please read the literatu a lot of it is
available on the internet.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com