nulli null

You might also try looking on ebay for a gun drill that is the diameter you
need. I use gun drills for making flutes and they are tough to beat for deep
holes. The gun drill that you want is one ment for drilling metals that have
one or more holes running the length of the bit for coolant. But you are not
going to run coolant through the hole, you are going to run compressed air
at about 5-10psi. The drill bot is held with a pair of vise-grip pliers. A
short starter hole is mage using a forstner bit or a small square end
scraper dead on center. The gun drill will bore a hole dead straight and
leaves a great finish inside the hole.

Pat
"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
.. .
Can someone give me some tips on boring deep holes for pepper mills? I
plan
on using Forstner bits with extensions and boring on the lathe. Anything
else I should do of be wary of? Thanks.

Barry