Dave Plowman (News)

In article om,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
They shoot with exterior lights even in strong sunlight.

Most would use reflectors. Why waste money on lights when they're
not needed?

Especialy the big f off beggers that are needed to make any impression
against direct sunlight. A 4kW HMI at 8' is a nice bit of fill.

Yes - but won't run of a 13 amp so restricted to a studio back lot or
where you have a genny.

The real problems come with interiors and large expanses of glass to
the outside world. Out come the 10ks, the naffed off sparks and
melting crew...

On The Bill, we've got custom made perspex NDs for CID which has acres of
glass. Only takes a few minutes to fit them. But the biggest lamps the
crew carry are only 2.5 HMIs, and there's rarely anywhere to put them in
there due to near 360 shooting. So it just burns out a bit. ;-)

--
*I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.