Doug Schultz

I have been out to both of them as well as House of Tools
and I have come to realize that I am going to have to buy a used machine.
so keep your eyes peeled for a good used one for me if you can.

Doug

"Randy Zimmerman" wrote in message
Doug,
You might try KMS tools to compare prices and quality. They often have a
lathe/ mill machine display. They are near the Ikea in Coquitlam and
there is one in Abbotsford just off the freeway.
Ted Edwards sometimes posts and he has had one for years up in Okanagan
Falls. He might chime in with some ideas.
Randy

"Doug Schultz" wrote in message
Thanks again for all the help
good places to start looking now.
and I will let you know as I find machines if anyone is interested.

Doug

"Rex B" wrote in message
Kevin Singleton wrote:
You can probably do most of what you'd like with the combo machines,
but I think guitars are large enough that the short throw of the cross
slide will hamper your productivity.

Don't forget you have the length of the carriage travel for the long
stuff.

If it were me (and, really, it is!), I'd be looking for a
Bridgeport-style mill, and a lathe in the 9-12 inch range. Look for
Logan, South Bend, and Clausing labels. The larger mills have square
or fixed columns, with the Y axis controlled by moving the table, or
"knee", and highly accurate, repeatable designs. Larger lathes are not
just larger, but heavier, with greater mass and stiffness, which
translates to greater accuracy.

Sieg makes a 10x24 lathe with a milling head mounted midway on the bed.
This is the same milling head used by the minimill. You can leter
separate them by buying the base from Littlemachineshop.org.

Grizzly sells the combo under model G0516.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=g0516