Mike Henry

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 09:21:04 +0200, (Nick Müller)
wrote:

Pete Keillor wrote:

Also included is an incredible display of models of production
machine tools created by one individual

Any chance to see the picture?

Nick

Yup. There are some photos on American Precision Museum's website
http://www.americanprecision.org/ under collections - scale models. I
posted a few of my photos in the dropbox. Text from Aschauer.txt
follows:

These photos were taken in the American Precision Museum,
Windsor, Vermont. There is much more to see there. If
you have a chance, I highly recommend a visit.

The photos a

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Aschauer00.jpg Text card from display
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Aschauer01.jpg Wide view of 1st
display case
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Aschauer02.jpg Closeup of lathes
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Aschauer03.jpg Closeup of block
boring machine
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Aschauer04.jpg HiRes of multi-spindle
machines

These are some of the best models I've ever seen, and if
you visit the museum, you can push the go button and watch
them run.

PS. When you push the run button and all the little belts go into
action, all those spindles on the multi-spindle turn in unison.

Regards,

Pete Keillor

Thos are really incredible, not only the detail in each, but also the number
of models he built. Thanks for posting.