jk

Dave Hinz wrote:

Yes, I understand the whole "name on the post" thing, thank you. An
awful lot of people defend sniping, and then weasel with "Well, I never
said _I_ did it". They also don't say they don't do it.

I don't, it is not that I wouldn't, but that I don't see an advantage
to me in doing so. It ties up either my time or my money, and there is
always another widget coming down the road to ebay.

And exactly what $ amount wouldn't be "asshole-ish behavior "??
Perhaps that person also thought the price was 600, Should she say
700 just to keep YOU happy?

Well, 602 would still be being an asshole, 625 wouldn't, I would guess.
I haven't given it much thought (shrug?).

So $24 is the difference between an asshole and a saint.

So, on to something you clearly have thought about, how late a bid is
sniping then, the last week, the last day, the last hour, the last
minute, or the last second, or even the last millisecond?

jk