jk

Dave Hinz wrote:

Everyone does -not- have an equal chance. The snipers know damn well
taht the goal is to get in the last bid and not give others that chance
to still win the item.

Except that every one COULD use a snipeing service (or do it by hand).
And if you do use them, you stand the chance of getting "knocked
aside" to use your term, and losing out completely.

I do think the idea someone raised, of extending the auction by 15 min
if there are bids in the last few min to be a good one.

Yes, I'm the one who made that point.

I would modify it to be a single extension, of random but short
duration. But all either of them does, is equalize the chances of the
snipe services with the manual sniper. It still wont get the seller
more $ out of me. I am not even there when the auction ends, except by
happenstance once.

jk