Tim Fischer

"blueman" wrote in message
A number of rooms in our house have combined central ceiling lights &
fan.

Several of the fans are somewhat noisy including buzzing and grinding
type noises. Otherwise they work fine.

Is there anything one can do to give them a "tune-up" and/or lubricate
them to reduce the noise?

Is the noise constant or does it "oscillate"? If it's the latter, it means
the fan's out of balance. We have a fan like this in our bedroom -- makes
an oh-so-slight noise that annoys me but my wife can't even hear it. I know
the fan's a bit out of balance but I've tried and can't figure out why...

-Tim