RicodJour

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
I can find very sparse information on patio deck combinations. I'd
like to see pictures that don't have a pool. I have a patio and
thought about building a deck next to it with steps from the patio to
deck. Is this something people do or have I come up with some crazy
design? thanks.

What is the purpose of the deck? Why not extend the patio?

I don't understand why people build decks on ground level if they can have a
patio that does not require the maintenance that a deck entails, does not
make for places where rodents can hide, etc. If you have a steep drop off,
that would make some sense. If it is just to have a deck, it is silly, IMO.

If the floor level at the house is a couple of feet above grade, it's a
lot easier to take one step onto the deck than having a few steps.
It's also a nicer transition from inside to outside. Some people may
do it just to break things up.

As far as the rodents under the deck - get a terrier!