keith_765

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
PC Paul wrote:
"keith_765" wrote in message
Just been to look at a house, which is up for sale, The first thing

that
greets you is every ceiling is covered with polystyrene tiles including
one
wall in one of the bed rooms. Any one out there tried to remove theses
tiles. Or is it a question of over plaster boarding and skim ceiling

and
try to remove tiles from wall. then skim over.

Use a match ;-)

A pump-up sprayer filled with petrol will dissolve the polystyrene, and it
can then be mopped up off the floor.

Or, combined with the last one, it's even more effective.

Thanks to all who took time to reply.
From the suggestion given, it looks like either strip them off and then
soaking the adhesive with water or leave on and board over and skim.
If I remember right the adhesive was water based.

Cant afford the petrol. Although it seem practical and I like your sense of
humour.LOL