T i m

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:38:14 +0100, Pete C
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 00:04:13 GMT, T i m wrote:

I'm not quite sure where you are going here Pete .. if I found out
that eating bananas made me run twice as fast or long twice as long in
bed (but 2 hours should be enough anyway right? g) it still wouldnt
influence that fact that they tase 3/10 to me?

Do they taste 3/10 regardless of where they are grown? Do they taste
3/10 whether they are barely ripe, ripe or mushy?

Pete, I really don't know that I can tell or 'notice'? I peel it, eat
it .. job done? I mean, when I eat something it's usually to service a
need .. potential or actual hunger or to 'placate' my (minor) acid
reflux problem, not because I enjoy the particular taste of something?
This morning for example I had my bowl of Alpen ('pigeon loft
sweepings' as my daughter calls it) with sliced banana on top. I eat
it whilst watching the TV news and checking my emails and can't really
remember it?

Today I had my fried breakfast at 11 ish (I think I enjoy the texture
as much as the taste .. 7/10), can't remember if I had any lunch as
such but dinner (6 ish) was a small basted (pork I think) chop, 2
yorkshire puds, 3 half roast spuds, and a small helping of carrots,
curly cabbage (it could of been a pot scourer) and some runners. The
veg was all steamed and the other stuff cooked in oil / it's own fat.
All nicely cooked etc ..4/10.?

I could easily have had beans on toast and enjoyed it just as much ..
;-(

Why settle for 4/10?

Because I can't have curries all the time and the roast was what was
on offer at the time? Also I couldn't answer the question re what food
would be 10/10 because I'm not sure any food would make that score (I
tried to rate it equally with other 'experiences').

And did you make the roast yourself BTW

Nope, as mentioned elsewhere 'she' currently does most of the cooking
(to sute her current diet / fitness plan) for us and for our daughter.
I did 'catering' at college so can cook (and will at any time if
required / asked). But because I get (expect?) little enjoyment from
food probably wouldn't bother cooking if it was just for myself?

All the best ..

T i m