T i m

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:00:31 +0000, Joe wrote:

If I ever need a book (not happened yet g) I think Amazon would be
easier (I don't have any cords or sandals so would stand out in a book
shop) ;-) ( joke)
also

Indeed, but even W H Smith will get you any book you name.

Hmm, we have one of them at top of 't' road .. they do books do they!
What have I bought in there .. stationary, labels for my Dymo
electronic label maker, Kerang for my daughter .. ;-)

A proper
bookshop is where you go to find out which book that is.

Ohhhh ... and what are books again please .. ;-)

Joking aside, I understand folk read 'books' for various reasons ...

1) Learning (forced or otherwise). I have 'used' technical books to
get answers to questions but the internet (Google / Usenet) seems to
have taken over that role now for me?

2) Interest .. (as opposed to learning as such) .. you are into Roman
history etc ..

3) Entertainment .. novels ... Mills and Boon, thrillers and the
like. Never appealed to me ..;-(

4) Time consumption. Many folk read to relieve the boredom, like
commuting or when in a waiting room. The only books I have read
recently (4 off) were hand selected from my mates 1000 book science
fiction collection and they went some way to relieving the boredom of
the 30 min train commute. I would (did) still rather chat than read.

My missus is an avid reader, as is my daughter .. just never appealed
to me .. I wonder if it's part of this dyslexia thing again, or my
tinitus not letting me concentrate, or maybe I'm just a heathen?

All the best ..

T i m