raden

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
raden writes:
BTW, has anybody actually managed to get the Grand X Guard software to
work over the internet ?

A few weeks ago, I made the card work on Solaris.
Somewhere on the todo list, is making it work across
the net, but at the moment it is restricted to taking
stills and displaying realtime moving images on the
screen (although being an X application, you can
remote display it across a network, but that's far from
optimal for anything less than 10 or even 100Mbit ethernet
I suspect).

I can get it working over my home network, I think I have a problem with
the router firewall

I can see it over the internet using VNC, but that's not how it should
be working.

The pre-existing driver I hacked to make work presents
a video4linux interface, so there may already be suitable
applications to squirt this across the internet as an mpeg.

--
geoff