Capitol

Colin Chaplin wrote:

I've just setup a system I'm quite happy with. It's 4 IR cameras connecting
back to a dedicated PC (MPEG-4 encoding is quite CPU intensive)

I used a GV250 card, and the sofware that came with it which works well and
does far more than I need, and 4 outside colour IR cameras. I got the CCTV
stuff from Henry's electronics,
http://www.henrys.co.uk/ which gave me good service. CCTV bits were about
£400 and same again for a powerful PC.

I put in a dedicated 200GB drive for the recordings which can just about
cope with a months worth of motion detection recording, I have it set to
record a few seconds before the motion. The computer is in the loft near the
eves which is cool enough. It also keeps it out of the way, and should
anybody break in they hopefully won't steal that too! I access it using
remote desktop.

The software has the ability to publish still images (or a live stream) to a
website, and I publish still images to my website for no other reason than I
can...if you want the URL let me know.

Purely a comment. I did not use a pc, as the ability to keep recording
through our local perpetual power cuts, required a UPS of very large
capacity. Also, I would not like to rely on a Windows based system for
recording months at a time.

Regards
Capitol