Joe

mike ring wrote:
"David Lang" wrote in
.uk:

Hi All

Why is beer sold in 440 ml cans?

500ml - half a litre I can understand, 568 ml - a pint I can
understand, but 440 ml doesn't convert to anything!

Don't start me!

I bloody LOATHE the 440 size. 500 makes 2 nice civilised glasses in
whatever size they make that size of glass in. But they do, and sell them
in Woolies.
(No , it's not the medication, *I* know what I'm going on about innit!)

'Water' glasses tend to be half a pint.

OK, further off topic, but I sense this is the right group...

Anyone know where you can get the 1000ml (yes!) cans of Cains
Formidable Ale south of Manchester? My nearest ASDA used to stock
one or two cans most of the time, but hasn't for a couple of years.