Hugh

"keith_765" wrote in message
Just been to look at a house, which is up for sale, The first thing that
greets you is every ceiling is covered with polystyrene tiles including
one
wall in one of the bed rooms. Any one out there tried to remove theses
tiles. Or is it a question of over plaster boarding and skim ceiling and
try to remove tiles from wall. then skim over.

I've just removed some in a flat that I'm refurbishing. The tiles came away
easily leaving the glue. I soaked the glue with water on a sponge - and
after leaving for a while to soak in it scraped off very easily - I was
pleasantly surprised to find it left an almost perfect surface that could be
painted over without skimming first.
Without the soaking it's like stabbing at rock.
Hope it works.

Hugh