IMM

Default Petrol in Diesel Engine

"harrogate" wrote in message

"Huge" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher writes:
harrogate wrote:

"Doctor D." wrote in message

They will mix just fine, and it will have no adverse effects on
your car (it's a diesel, how much worse can it get anyway??).

I thought this too until I actually tried one. Take a Golf 130 TDi,

Megane
120 DCi or Focus 115 TDCi for a spin and eat your words!

I can never understand why the (so-called) motoring journalists of

this
world - Clarkson and all that lot - always promote the idea that

running a
diesel is all about thrift and low fuel consumption.

Immediately obvious you don't know what you're talking about; Clarkson
loathes diesels.

And I agree with him. Filthy, noisy things.

Well Clarkson seemed quite complimentary about the new Jag diesel - and
about Merc and BMW as well. I didn't actually say he likes them - I know

he
generally doesn't - but he ususally bases it on economy, and that is NOT
what diesels are about.

diesels are about powering tractors.

---