Lee Michaels

"Upscale" wrote in message
wrote in message
I've been cutting on tablesaws for twenty years. I haven't had this
problem before, and I don't think my technique is the problem. I
always push the board against the fence as well as forward, and when
possible, I use a featherboard to keep the board against the fence.
The cuts still wander.

When you tested parallelism between blade and fence, did you rotate and
check parallel for a full 360° turning of the blade? I had a warped blade
once caused by a wood chip that had found its way between the arbour and
the
blade when I changed the blade.

Good point.

I had an old 12" Rockwell that had a bushing that fit over the saw arbor. It
was the only way we could get a regular sawblade to fit. I developed a
problem with burning on one side of the cut. I tried everything. Finally I
took the blade off and cleaned up really good and put it back together. It
didn't help.

Then I took it apart the second time and took some fine emery cloth and
lightly sanded the bushing and rinsed it with some paint thinner. I put it
all back together again. That did the trick.

It must of been some small imperfection that was introduced into the bushing
when changeing sawblades.