Patriarch

"David Grant" wrote in
:

I have a couple questions about some hard maple I'm trying to work
with (bear with me this is my first staining/finishing attempt)

For the finish I'm using Varathane's water-based semi-gloss. No matter
how meticulous I am about brushing it on I can't seem to avoid getting
bubbles. I'm not using the most expensive brush in the world but it's
not a piece of junk either.

I've had problems with bubbles in Varathane water-based gloss as well, and
I did use a pretty good Purdy brush. I'm not certain what the problem was,
but there is a mostly full quart of Varathane on my shelf now.

Why Mission Oak on hard maple?

Patriarch