Dave Hinz

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:32:38 GMT, xray wrote:

I think what the whiners want, is for sellers to have the right to
arbitrarily extend the bidding period if it looks like there is a
bidding battle in the last few seconds.

I'm not proposing anything arbitrary, I'm proposing "This auction has
auto-extension in the event of late bids".

Everybody knows and plays by the same rules. Sniping doesn't really give
a bidder any advantage except against people who might have otherwise
upped their bid in the last few seconds if they knew they needed to.

Exactly. That is my point...the part starting with "except against people..."

Hinz's argument reminds me of that equally unimportant and wasted
discussion.

Riiiiight. Because I don't like people doing last second bids to keep
others from having a chance to outbid them, I'm just like the guy who
wants to kill lane-splitters. I see.