Dave Hinz

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:19:11 -0700, SteveB wrote:
Some brain dead Netizen wrote:

Exactly. The people who snipe make it so the people who don't snipe are
disadvantaged in the auction.

Then, go and sign up for a snipe. I figure that I save money because of
using bidnapper. I am happy with it.

Sinking to the level of using something I disagree with ethically isn't
the sort of thing I'd do, but thanks for the suggestion.

Sniping works EXACTLY as proxies do.

Then use the proxy. Oh wait, you don't want to. Why, oh why, might
that be? Oh, probably because it _doesn't_ work exactly as proxies do.

You put the maximum you will pay into
the system, and if you are high, you get it. It just doesn't do it early
enough to allow bidding wars and clueless newbies to mess things up.

Translation: I am more entitled to this item than some newbie who
bids the way the auction is set up and hasn't stooped to sniping yet.

HTH, but I doubt it. You seem pretty angry about snipers. I'll bet you
don't snipe.

No ****. It'd be pretty hypocritical to dislike and yet do it, wouldn't
it now?

If you did, you would know what smoke you are trying to blow
in people's faces.

Smoke? Bidders don't get a chance to decide if they want to post a new
bid, because the sniper comes in in the last seconds. Sellers lose out
from that possible bid.

Or you are just a troll.

Because I disagree with you, I'm a troll? I don't think so. I'm just
someone who finds what you are defending to be something I've chosen to
avoid.