Dave Hinz

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:12:16 -0700, SteveB wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

I wonder how much you've lost out on over the years from people who
couldn't get their bids in in that last minute?

If'n you don't like something, don't do it.

I don't, because of that. As I may have mentioned a time or 3, I've
taken my auction business elsewhere to avoid that problem (and eBay's
"Nothing that looks like anything related to firearms" policy).

Especially if you are going to
sit around afterward and **** and moan endlessly.

Well, people keep saying "It's not really about getting an unfair
advantage on the other bidders, because it's just about getting an
unfair advantage on the other bidders, you see", or variants of the
same.

But yeah, the topic stopped being interesting a while ago. I'm not
going to change anyone's mind, and I've taken steps to avoid it. I
prefer to let the marketplace determine the price at the end of an
auction, rather than turning it into a technology shove-fest in the last
minutes.