SteveB

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:49:52 -0700, SteveB
wrote:

I have sold hundreds of items on ebay. Most of the action is in the last
60
seconds.

I wonder how much you've lost out on over the years from people who
couldn't get their bids in in that last minute?

I don't spend a second thinking of such things. Whether it's ebay, or a
barn sale in Pocatello, Idaho, the rules are set before hand. If you
participate, either as a seller or a buyer, you accept those rules and go
with it.

If an auction for a specific set of goods were held in Vero Beach, Florida
instead of Pocatello, the prices would probably would be different.

If an auction is held on a Tuesday morning, the results would probably be
different than if it were held on a Saturday afternoon.

Many things can affect an auction.

You may have a busload of clueless newbies show up, or just stupid people
who will pay more than retail for a thoroughly used item. Then, you might
have a bunch of tightwads show up and not sell very good merchandise at low
reserves.

I put it up for sale. I take the highest bidder that sticks by the rules I
set before the auction.

I don't sit around and play "What If?" afterward. It is pointless and an
exercise in frustration for the bored or the angry.

If'n you don't like something, don't do it. Especially if you are going to
sit around afterward and **** and moan endlessly.

Steve