Andy Asberry

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:32:23 GMT, xray
wrote:

I've been looking for a 4-jaw chuck for my lathe. Here's one that I was
following, but I think got too high for some reason:

When I look at the bidding history, I see one person bidding up the
price with no other bids in between. I have seen this before on other
eBay auctions.

I can't figure out how this can happen. Is there something missing in
the history that is displayed or is there some other explanation.

Just curious about this weirdness that I have seen before.

Sniping does prevent some buyers from winning auctions. Contrary to
what sniping services tell you, 10 snipers cannot bid in the last 2
seconds. If that is your max bid, why not bid that earlier in the
auction?

If the seller were able to end the auction at any time, that would end
sniping. The seller would get an acceptable fair market price after
everyone had a chance to bid. Just like a real auction.